The aims of the program are:
- To strengthen leadership and innovative skills among young leaders so as to enable them transform libraries to engines of development by meeting individual and community needs in a constantly evolving environment.
- To provide a platform for emerging leaders in the library sector to network, share experiences and learn good practices, and work collaboratively in order to develop innovative services that will drive change in their communities.
- To increase the cohort of leaders who can effectively represent the wider library and information sector on the national, regional and international arena.
- To provide strategic leadership for young Library and Information Professionals (LIP) to enable them create and scale new models of service delivery in Nigeria.
1. Eligibility criteria
Library and information professionals working in any academic, public or special library are eligible to apply for this program. Selection of candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- Current qualifications: at least a first degree in LIS from a government recognised and/or accredited tertiary education institution ( Postgraduate degree is optional)
- Age eligibility 25 – 45 years;
- Work experience 5 – 15 years;
- Proficiency in English;
- Potential to explore and embrace emerging technologies;
- Willingness and ability to share what is learned with others in the profession;
- Ability to work as a team member and without supervision;
- Ability to work within timelines
2. Application procedure
Application should include the following:
- 200 word motivation essay explaining why you want to participate and how you hope to implement skills gained to impact your community/library
- A brief CV (stating academic qualification with dates, work experience with dates, current job description and responsibilities)
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer OR Letter of recommendation from the Nigerian Library Association.
3. Please note:
- The program will be offered in English language
- The program will deploy e-learning courses through online Moodle platform.
- Topics to be treated will include Advocacy, Innovation; Community information needs; Time management; Individual and Team projects amongst others.
- The 18 month program will be divided into streams (1st stream: December 2018; 2nd stream: September 2019; 3rd stream: June 2020)
- The program will provide participants with basic accommodation, transportation, breakfast and lunch during each face-to-face meeting.
- Submission deadline November 19, 2018
- Successful applicants will be notified on or before November 26, 2018
- Program start date is December 2018
- Late application will not be considered
Submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org