The coronavirus pandemic has affected the educational systems worldwide, leading to the near-total global closure of institutions of learning. Countries across the world are returning to the drawing board to develop strategies to rescue their education sector which is being damaged by the deadly virus.
Virtually all institutions of learning, as well as libraries, have been ordered by appropriate authorities to temporarily shutdown their services, as part of plans to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In response to the new normal presented by the pandemic, everyone is adjusting for maximum functionality. Teachers, students, and librarians in Nigeria are not left out, as many have started to adjust and restrategize, to accommodate the provisions of the new normal, as they transition to an “online-mainly” environment.
Through this transition, all parties within the educational system are challenged to quickly adapt to this new (online) environment, with librarians ensuring library resources are available remotely.
In the light of the above, the Nigerian Librarian Association (NLA) is organizing a two-day webinar to equip librarians in Nigeria on the emerging skills needed by librarians to function in this new normal era and in the post COVID-19 era.
Theme: Emerging role of Librarians during and Post COVID-19 era
Date: Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th August 2020 -a two (2) Day Event
1) Emerging skills for library & information services delivery.
2) Stakeholders engagement to drive innovative reforms for libraries.
3) Adjusting to the new normal safeguarding libraries, librarians & library users.
4) Leveraging on digital platforms for teaching, learning & research for LIS educators.
5) Library Services amidst COVID 19: The Experience of Abuja City Library and Others.
6) Virtual Library Services during and after COVID 19: Skills and Materials Readiness of Academic Libraries in Nigeria.
N.B Certificate of Participation Available
Register here: https://bit.ly/NLAOW2020