The prestigious award of the Fellowship of the Nigerian Library Association (FNLA) was instituted in 1989 to honour deserving members who have distinguished themselves in their professional practice. A plaque and a certificate of honour will be presented to the awardee at the 2018 Annual National Conference of the Association.
Who Can Nominate
Chairman of respective State Chapter or Section of the nominee must make the application using appropriate application form.
Criteria for the Award of FNLA: The nominee
- Must have at least 10 years post qualification experience in Library and Information Service profession.
- Must have contributed immensely to the frontiers of knowledge in the Library and Information profession, either through professional publications or in other ways that may be approved by the Council.
- Must be seen to be participating actively in the Association’s activities at all levels. S/he must have held at least one Executive position at the State/National level.
- Must be a paid up member of the Association for 10 consecutive years as at when due.
- Must have high integrity and good character such that s/he will not bring disrepute to the name of the Association.
- Should have made some outstanding innovations in the profession.
- Should have held important national/international appointments or carried out other important national assignments.
- Any information found to be false disqualifies the candidate.
How to Nominate Potential Candidate
- Complete the Application Form.
- Write a letter of justifying for the applicant in response to the above listed criteria for the award of FNLA. This must be well written and most important in the process.
- Attach a copy of nominee’s detailed cognate curriculum vitae
- An Introductory letter from the nominee’s State Chapter indicating his/her membership status
- Present supporting documentation, where necessary, to substantiate every claim in the application.
Note: Members could be nominated annually for this award until s/he meets all the required criteria